Note, there are some bugs. If development members can join together, we might be able to correct a few of them!
Special thanks to marcustremonti for the flashing method, and to Dogs1985 for the firmware
Give them cookies! Not me, I just used their information and re-uploaded the firmware
This can type Chinese and English, the phone's entire language (menu's, settings, etc.) is in Chinese, and it can also display Japanese characters. Also, menu items can be displayed in English. There are some known bugs, such as the camera being flipped, but I think, with some work, we can fix it. Please post any bugs you find here!
Note: this can really screw up your phone if it doesn't go smoothly, or you don't follow instructions completely.
Things you will need:
1. Samsung USB Data cable.
2. Your currently English phone
3. S7120u (Chinese Samsung Eternity) Firmware which can be downloaded here..... http://rapidshare.com/files/380211039/S7120UZNIH1.zip367_1_14a873b5dcf5664.zip
4. Multiloader 5.6 which can be downloaded by the attachment below.....
English draft manual here: http://www.samsung-eternity.com/samsung-eternity-tips-and-tricks/how-to-install-chinese-language-support-firmware/?action=dlattach;attach=5687
1. Put your English Samsung Eternity phone in bootloader mode by holding down the red power button and the down volume button at the same time until the screen pops up.
2. Open up Multiloader v5.6 and under the "control" box, select "MSM6275/MSM6280/MSM6290"
3. click on "port search" button
4. tick "boot change" and "full download"
5. click on "boot" button, select "BOOTFILES" directory
6. click on "amss" button, select "amss_compressed.bin"
7. click on "rsrc1" button, select "Rsrc_S7120U_ChinaUnicom.rc1" directory
8. click on "rsrc2" button, select "Rsrc2_S7120U(Low).rc2"
9. click on "factory fs" button, select "FactoryFs_S7120U_ChinaUnicom.ffs"
10. click on "download" button, wait until finish
The whole process only takes about 2-3 minutes and then it will restart the phone and then you will be prompted to calibrate the touchscreen. After calibration then you are in business!!!
Master key: *#9072641*#
How to set it to English and Set MMS and MediaNet to AT&T, as well as set up POP/IMAP support with a Gmail example: http://www.samsung-eternity.com/samsung-eternity-tips-and-tricks/how-to-install-chinese-language-support-firmware/msg73175/#msg73175
Post accidentally deleted, recent edit is backup from cached image.