For those of you that have downloaded google maps from google mobile and were disappointed as to not receive the ability to use it with the gps, I have the solution for you. Follow my directions.
1) Delete any previous versions of google maps
2) Download the jar and the jad below to your computer
3) Upload the jar to Imserba http://www.imserba.com/wapupload/
and follow directions to install on phone
may work with rumkin but not tested
4) Do not run google maps yet
5) Connect you phone to your computer using TKFE
6) Navigate to the google maps folder and delete the jad and the appdb folder
7) In the top pane of TKFE navigate to where you have the jad that you downloaded
8 ) Download the jad to your phone replacing the one you deleted
9) Rename the jad exactly like the jar. ex: AB123456.JAD
10) Disconnect and go outside and start google maps allowing the gps to connect
11) Enjoy and cookies are acceptable
****You can also install the jar and jad files with the new TKFE install method using the phones internals and master key.****Updated on 7/4/2010 to version 3.0.2. This version now includes google latitude.